The Covington Latin School Counseling Office has a collaborative relationship with students, parents and faculty to ensure that students receive individualized support and counseling in the areas of personal and college counseling. This portion of the website serves to provide information for families regarding the college application process, printable documents from the school counseling office, and timely information for the entire student body.
Covington Latin School Counseling Mission Statement
Through a comprehensive school counseling program the CLS Counseling Department will form Christian leaders, evoke self-exploration, develop confidence to think critically and analytically, and facilitate academic and career development growth in every student by utilizing evidence-based practices.
It is the vision of the Covington Latin School Counseling Department that all students find their passion as they become emerging Christian leaders in the community, achieve their full academic potential, and recognize their purpose through high school and beyond.
- We believe all students have the ability to achieve their goals through utilizing their strengths.
- We believe all students regardless of developmental stage or academic ability can perform and achieve in the classroom.
- We believe our role is to help students reach their goals inside and outside of the classroom while meeting them where they are and building relationships.
- We believe all decisions should be data-driven in order to meet the needs of all students.
- We believe the ethical decision making model should be implemented when faced with moral dilemmas and counselors should adhere to the ASCA ethical standards.
- We believe all students have the right to have access to a licensed school counselor.